This workshop is considered the premier professional development event in Minnesota for K-12 Geography educators. We hope you will consider joining us!
This program features a streamlined set of breakout sessions:
- Implementing the New Minnesota State Geography Standards
- Elementary Geography
- Middle School Geography
- High School Geography
- Pre-Service Teachers
- AP Human Geography
- Geotechnology: GIS, GPS, Google Earth, iPads, Apps and more!
GEOFEST is sponsored by the Minnesota Alliance for Geographic Education (MAGE) and the Associate Colleges of the Twin Cities (ACTC)
Date: Saturday, October 11, 2014
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Location: Macalester College
Parking is available in any of the campus lots or the surrounding neighborhood streets.
Check-in: Carnegie Hall (90 Macalester Street), Room 109, 8:30 a.m. Sessions begin at 9:00 a.m.
- Teachers – $25.00 (through October 3); $75.00 (after October 3)
- ACTC Students and Faculty – Free**
- Non-ACTC College Students/Faculty – $15.00 (through October 3); $75.00 (after October 3)
- 2014 GeoTechnologies Summer Institute Participants – Free
NOTE: Registration fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
**Pre-registration prior to October 4 is required. Fee is waived for ACTC students and faculty due to a grant from the Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities.
Michele Melius, GEOFEST Coordinator
David A. Lanegran, MAGE Coordinator
Laura Kigin, MAGE Program Assistant
Ashley Nepp, IT Coordinator